Best of luck to the Singley Academy students competing in the regional UIL Academic Meet this Saturday. Singley students earned team championships in literary criticism and spelling/vocabulary. They also clinched silver team titles in mathematics, number sense and speech.
Congratulations to the following regional qualifiers:
- Accounting: Jacqueline Le, 1st Place
- Persuasive Speaking: Natalia Martinez Avalos, 1st Place; Kyndin Breaux, 2nd Place
- Literary Criticism: Nia Maria, 1st Place; Roselyn Cepeda, 4th Place; Ayleen Aguilar, 6th Place; Stephane Tatchim Kouam
- Number Sense: Alexander Huynh, 2nd Place
- Ready Writing: Stephane Tatchim Kouam, 2nd Place; Golden Anni, 3rd Place
- Spelling & Vocabulary: Nia Maria, 2nd Place; Golden Anni, 3rd Place; Ayesha Mahmood, 4th Place; Bryant Ung, 5th Place
- LD Debate: Kyndin Breaux, 4th Place
Other district results are as follows:
- Ready Writing: Bryant Ung, 4th
- LD Debate: Natalia Martinez Avalos, 5th
- Mathematics: Alexander Huynh, 4th; Mia Martinez Miller, 6th
- Number Sense: Anna Pierucci, 4th; Mia Martinez Miller
UIL One-Act Play
In addition to success in UIL Academics, Singley students have also garnered recognition in One-Act Play competition. The Singley troupe was named 11-5A District Champions. Husein Faleih was selected Best Performer, and Wendy Godoy and Alexander Morales made the All-Star Cast. Gabriel Esqueda earned All-Star Tech honors, and Stephane Tatchim Kouam earned All-Star Cast Honorable Mention.
The students advanced to bi-district competition, where they finished fifth. Natalia Martinez Avalos was named Best Tech. Morales made the All-Star Cast while Godoy earned All-Star Cast Honorable Mention.