South Irving Collegiate at Nimitz is one of Irving ISD’s three choice schools and the District’s first P-TECH campus. Students accepted into this academy have various opportunities awaiting them, including saving up to $50,000 in college tuition and the chance to earn an Associate of Arts in Teaching, an Associate of Science or up to 60 hours of transferable college credit that will apply to a four-year degree. The school opened its doors in the fall of 2022 and welcomes up to 100 students each year.
Jayda Ayala is one of the academy’s newest students. Get to know her better and learn more about her experience at South Irving Collegiate at Nimitz with this special Q&A.
- Full name: Jayda Ayala
- Grade: 9th
- Pathway: Associate of Science
- Why did you apply to South Irving Collegiate Academy at Nimitz? I applied to South Irving Collegiate at Nimitz because I can earn my associate’s degree by the time I graduate high school. Going to college has always been my plan, so I liked the fact that I can earn my associate’s degree faster than I expected and at such a young age. This will help me achieve my goals faster.
- What are your plans after high school? I plan to continue my education to become an attorney. My goal is to graduate law school by the age of 25.
- What advice would you give to students who are interested in applying to your campus? Although you may go through bumps along the way, remember that everything is worth it in the end.
- What’s a fun fact about you? One fun fact about me is that I have been to 13 countries.
If you’re interested in learning more about South Irving Collegiate at Nimitz, visit IrvingISD.net/Apply. The deadline to apply is Friday, November 17.