Singley Academy offers robust programs in career and technical education to prepare students for success after high school. From culinary arts and health sciences to technology and public law, there’s a speciality to fit every student’s interest. Students accepted also have the opportunity to earn their associate’s degree. For Samuel Robinson, this was one of the major selling points. Learn more about his Singley Academy experience with this Q&A:
- Full name: Samuel Robinson
- Grade: 11th
- Pathway: Culinary Arts
- Why did you apply to Singley Academy? I wanted to have a jumpstart on my college experience, and I knew that Singley Academy would provide me with the opportunity to learn real-world skills.
- What are your plans after high school? I want to go to Georgia Tech to pursue a degree in Aerospace Engineering. My dream career would be to one day work for The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- What advice would you give to students who are interested in applying to your campus? Push yourself and work hard to the best of your abilities – don’t compare yourself to others. As long as you are giving it your all, you will be successful. Also, it is OK if you accept a pathway that wasn’t your first choice. The knowledge and skills you learn will be useful in whatever your future may hold. Remember to have fun!
- What’s a fun fact about you? I was born in Michigan and moved to Texas when I was 6. I also entered a mall singing competition when I was 7 and won! I sang “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz.
If you’re interested in learning more about Singley Academy, visit IrvingISD.net/Apply. The deadline to apply is this Friday, November 17.