Have you started bundling up your child for their walk to the bus stop or cranked on the heat in the car because there’s a morning chill in your house? Winter is quickly approaching, so snuggle by the fireplace, cover up with a warm blanket and learn how to stay connected and safe over the winter season.
If inclement weather makes travel to and from campuses unsafe, Irving ISD may cancel or delay school.
To learn if Irving ISD has made a weather announcement, check these the following places before sending your child to school:
- District’s Social Media: Facebook @IrvingSchools, Facebook Español @IrvingSchoolsEspanol and Twitter @IrvingISD
- School Messenger (phone call, email and text)
- Not receiving our texts? Opt in by texting YES to 67587.
- Website: IrvingISD.net
- Local TV and radio stations, including Channel 4, 5, 8, 11 and Telemundo
BUNDLE UP AND STAY ALERT
Just like Frosty the Snowman wears a hat and scarf to stay warm, children should also dress appropriately for the weather, including wearing shoes with a grip for icy or rainy road conditions. Please make sure your child can see and hear through clothing to stay alert for traffic.
BUS RIDER TIPS
Tip #1: Stay 3 to 5 feet away as the bus approaches
Tip #2: Allow time for it to make a complete stop before entering
Tip #3: Be prepared for slight delays to bus route times
- If a child is assigned a regular bus route and is experiencing a 10- to 15-minute delay in pick-up or drop-up times, parents can call the bus dispatcher at 972.313.4628 and receive updates on bus locations.
- If a child is assigned a SPED bus route and is experiencing any delay in pick-up or drop-off times, parents can call the bus dispatcher at 972.313.4628 and receive bus location updates.
Tip #4: Parents can call the bus barn at 972.313.4628 with any questions or concerns. A dispatcher will answer the phone.
We value your partnership and will do our part to keep you informed and make decisions that are in the best interest of our students and staff.