Students accepted into Singley Collegiate Academy have various opportunities awaiting them, including attending classes on a college campus (Dallas College North Lake), saving up to $50,000 in college tuition and the chance to earn an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree. Camila Garcia Fraguada is one of many who have taken advantage of their offerings. Get to know Fraguada better and learn how she’s jumpstarting her career in pediatric oncology at Singley Collegiate Academy with this special Q&A.
- Full name: Camila Garcia-Fraguada
- Grade: 10th
- Pathway: Associate of Science
- Why did you apply to Singley Collegiate Academy? I applied to Singley Collegiate Academy because of my future plans and the advantages it gives when applying to other colleges. I hope to attend medical school, and while it is a lengthy process, this program gives me a head start. Additionally, when I apply to colleges to earn a bachelor’s degree, I’ll be taken more seriously because of my experience at Singley Collegiate Academy and taking college courses. The financial aspect is the other big reason I applied. This program saves my family so much money in the long run. Overall, this program is the perfect pathway for my future plans and for anyone who wants to get a jumpstart on their college education.
- What are your plans after high school? My plans after high school are to go to Baylor University and study biomedicine under a pre-medical program. After this, I would like to attend the Baylor School of Medicine and achieve a certification in pediatric oncology, my goal career.
- What advice would you give to students who are interested in applying to your campus? The biggest piece of advice I would give students who are interested in applying to Singely Collegiate Academy is to be very mindful of how you manage your time and stay organized. Things like updating a planner, whether physical or digital, can be the reason you pass or fail a class. Juggling college with high school can be hard, but with the right organization and time management skills, your success is surely within reach. Also, don’t be afraid to ask for help – most teachers are a lot more flexible than you might think.
- What’s a fun fact about you? I play three instruments – the violin, guitar and piano – with the violin being my favorite.
If you’re interested in learning more about Singley Collegiate Academy, visit IrvingISD.net/Apply. The deadline to apply is Friday, November 17.