In Irving ISD, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. As we enter the winter season, read the information below to learn how to stay connected and be prepared in case of inclement weather.
If inclement weather makes travel to and from campuses unsafe, Irving ISD may cancel or delay school. A school messenger phone call, email, and text stating cancellation or delays will be made as soon as possible to parents and staff.
To learn if Irving ISD has made a weather announcement, check the following places before sending your child to school:
- District’s Social Media
- School Messenger (phone call, email and text)
- Website: IrvingISD.net
- Local TV and radio stations, including Channel 4, 5, 8, 11 and Telemundo
BUNDLE UP AND STAY ALERT
Students should dress appropriately for the weather, including wearing shoes with a grip for icy or rainy road conditions. Please make sure your child can see and hear through clothing to stay alert for traffic.
BUS RIDER TIPS
- Stay 3 to 5 feet away as the bus approaches
- Allow time for the bus to make a complete stop before entering
- In case of inclement weather, be prepared for slight delays to bus route times
- Parents can call the Transportation Center at 972.600.5670 with any questions or concerns. A dispatcher will answer the phone.
We value your partnership and will do our part to keep you informed and make decisions that are in the best interest of our students and staff.