For those who like to plan ahead, the 2020-2021 calendars are now available. Irving ISD students will begin classes Monday, August 17, and break for summer on Thursday, May 27.
Other notes about the 2020-2021 calendar:
- Christmas Break starts Monday, December 21.
- Students return for the spring semester on Tuesday, January 5.
- A parent conference day will be held in both the fall (Friday, October 9) and the spring (Friday, February 12).
- There is at least one day each month designated as a student/teacher holiday.
- Spring Break is scheduled March 15-19, with bad weather make-up days scheduled the Friday before (March 12) and the Monday after (March 22).
Students will be in class for a total of 172 instructional days, while teachers will work a total of 187 days.
Approved by the Irving ISD Board of Trustees at a meeting on January 21, the calendar truly incorporates the thoughts and opinions that the Irving ISD community expressed surveys administered last fall. The approved option, Option A, had students breaking for summer May 27, while Option B had students breaking for summer June 3.
A total of 1,627 respondents took the survey, with 65.5 percent voting for Option A and 34.5 percent of respondents voting for Option B.
PDF versions of the student and teacher calendars are available at www.irvingisd.net/calendar.