Irving ISD Career and Technical Education (CTE) is proud to recognize seven of its pathways with the Five Star Designation.
“This designation represents excellence in CTE programs across the district,” says Travis Waddell, director of CTE for Irving ISD. “Programs that earned the prestigious distinction went above and beyond in giving students real-world, hands-on career opportunities that exceeded district expectations.”
- Arts/AV pathway at Irving High School
- Education and Training pathway at Nimitz High School
- Hospitality and Tourism pathway at Nimitz High School
- School of Environmental Entrepreneurship at Nimitz High School
- School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality at Singley Academy
- School of Innovative Technology at Singley Academy
- School of Law and Public Service at Singley Academy
All of the district’s CTE programs were evaluated on student certifications; work-based learning opportunities; advisory board involvement; recruitment; marketing and Career and Technical Student Organization participation.